IAXProxy is an open source IAX2 to SIP Back-to-back Protocol Adapter (B2BPA) based originally off the Asterisk PBX.
The goal of this project is to provide highly scalable system which allows anyone to seamlessly integrate IAX2 based endpoints into a SIP based network. The software is designed to run on commodity hardware and scale linearly while maintaining a single provisioning interface to the entire system.
To achieve this, IAXProxy relies on proven technologies:
- Redis - an open-source, networked, in-memory, key-value data store with optional durability.
- Restlet - a lightweight, comprehensive, open source REST framework for Java.
- Asterisk – IAXProxy utilizes the proven IAX and SIP protocol stacks from Asterisk
- Get familiar with IAXProxy design and how it works
- Download the binary package or pre-build VMWare OVF files
- Read the documentation and configure your environment
- Join the community and contribute
- 23 Nov 2012 — Initial Public Release (version 0.2.1.3, Blue Moon release)
IAXProxy is free software and distributed under the GNU General Public License Version 2.